Have you visited Liverpool Central Library since its fantastic refurbishment? If you haven’t and you are looking to start a business, then definitely add it to your ‘must visit’ places as they have a ton of FREE support available. Based on the first floor of Central Library, the Business and Intellectual Property Centre can support you if you’re looking to start or grow your business.
From taking those first steps to successfully launching and developing a business, you will find people and business resources there to help you.
Working with a range of partner organisations the Business & IP Centre can offer:
- Free access to Business and Intellectual Property databases and publications including market research, company data, business news plus information about intellectual property to protect your ideas
- Access to business advisers and experts including our Entrepreneur In Residence, Councillor Gary Millar, Liverpool’s Mayoral Lead for Business and International Growth
- Workshops and events to help you get to grips with all aspects of starting and growing a business including access to chartered patent attorneys and information specialists
- Inspiring spaces that will help you to think creatively and meet like-minded people
- Signposting to other business related events and activities within the Liverpool area
If you’re a member of Liverpool Libraries, you can access some of our subscriptions at home by logging in with your library card. These include:
Events and drop in sessions
There are a number of other useful events and drop in sessions are held in the Business and IP Centre, first floor, Central Library:
- Entrepreneur in Residence drop-in advice session with Cllr Gary Millar and team – every Thursday from 1pm to 4pm
- Trademarks advice with Kate Cruse (Forresters) – first Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm.
- Patents advice drop-in with Dr Les Prichard (Culverstons) – last Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm.
- Patents clinic (Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys) – first Tuesday of the month from 5pm to 7.30pm (booking necessary). Please email email@example.com or telephone 0151 233 5835.
- Be your own boss (Enterprise Hub Partner St Helens Chamber of Commerce) – second Wednesday of the month from 2.00pm to 4.15pm.
- Business Advice Appointments for Women Starting a Business (Enterprise Hub Partners The Women’s Organisation) Booked via 0151 706 8111
Scheduled changes over festive period: There will be no Entrepreneur in Residence sessions on 22nd or 29th December. Patents advice drop in will be on 15th December, not 29th. Patents clinic will be on 10th January, not 3rd.
To find out more about any of the services listed above contact the library team here.